The BRWA has approved the rate adjustment to complete the ten-year equalization process that began in 2013 when the BRWA was first formed.
Help with Bills
We know that paying your bills can be a struggle sometimes and we’re here for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where will I see rate adjustments?
Typical Rate Changes Include:
Water Services: the average residential customers will see an adjustment of approximately 10.8% or $5.20.
Wastewater Services: the average residential customer will see an adjustment of approximately 6.3% or $3.60.
New Connections: Meters larger than 5/8″ will see adjusted water capital recovery fees.
Unauthorized Connections: connection fees will have a tiered rate according to the number of occurrences.
- 1st occurrence: $1000
- 2nd occurrence: $1500
- 3rd occurrence: $2000
Small Grinder Pumps: station review rates are being adjusted due to actual costs from the Maintenance and Engineering departments for inspections and installations. New rate for pump reinstatements.
Why are the rates changing?
- Depreciating system and equipment that needs upkeep and replacing (water and sewer lines).
- Cost of transmitting water increases every year.
- Debt service for larger projects.
- The final year of the ten-year rate equalization period. This equalization process slowly brought the rates for all of the BRWA’s service areas into one rate structure. This makes it much easier to understand your rates and billing.
How do rate increases benefit me?
- The more funds that are available for projects help to ensure that our system is reliable. This means less service breaks and water disruptions.
- Letting systems depreciate without upkeep means more expensive repairs and problems down the road. Keeping a healthy system running now and for the future builds a better water and sewer infrastructure to support the community and ensure continuity of service.
- Continuing to invest in technology and processes allows our customers to have better service, like quicker leak notification.
How do you charge me?
We send you a bill that shows all of the services we provide you and share how much they cost.
What if my bill is not accurate?
If you’re not responsible for paying the bill or if the billing information is incorrect, contact us right away. We want to help you, but we can’t if we do not know about the problem.
What if I can’t afford my water bill?
We don’t want anyone to stress paying their water bills, so please contact us for help!
What happens if I don’t pay?
If you’re not responsible for paying the bill or if the billing information is incorrect, contact us right away. We want to help you, but we can’t if we do not know about the problem. If you don’t pay, your water will be shut off. We don’t want this to happen, so please contact us if there’s a problem.