Facilities and Plants
The Bedford Regional Water Authority provides sewer services within the Town of Bedford, as well as throughout the County. It owns and operates 32 lift stations, 5 wastewater treatment plants, and maintains 144 miles of sewer lines.
The wastewater plants have a combined capacity to treat approximately 2.7 MGD (millions of gallons per day).
Bedford Central Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Bedford Central WWTP is located in the Town of Bedford at 852 Orange Street.
- It is fed from twelve lift stations in and around the town.
- It is rated to treat 2.0 MGD.
Moneta Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Moneta WWTP is located at 1622 Whitehouse Road.
- It is fed from four lift stations, and services the Smith Mountain LakeCommunity.
- It is rated to treat 0.5 MGD.
Montvale Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Montvale WWTP is located behind the Montvale Elementary School.
- It provides service to the school, the Montvale Library, the Montvale Center for Business, as well as the central Montvale community.
- It is fed from one lift station and is designed to treat 0.05 MGD.
Cedar Rock Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Cedar Rock WWTP is located off of Everett Road in Forest.
- It services the Cedar Rock Subdivision.
- It is designed to treat 0.015 MGD.
Mariners Landing Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Mariners Landing WWTP is located within the Mariners Landing golf and lake community located at Smith Mountain Lake.
- It is fed from eleven pump stations within the community and is rated to treat 0.09MGD.
The Bedford Regional Water Authority owns four lift stations within the Forest area that pump wastewater from Bedford County to the Lynchburg Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- The BRWA has the capacity to send 1.0 MGD to Lynchburg.